Data description paper
10 Feb 2020
Data description paper | 10 Feb 2020
A spatially explicit database of wind disturbances in European forests over the period 2000–2018
Giovanni Forzieri et al.
Total article views: 5,226 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 05 Sep 2019)Views and downloads (calculated since 05 Sep 2019)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 4,349 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,265 with geography defined and 84 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 3,203 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,129 with geography defined and 74 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,146 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,136 with geography defined and 10 with unknown origin.
26 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Combined effects of natural disturbances and management on forest carbon sequestration: the case of Vaia storm in Italy R. Pilli et al. 10.1007/s13595-021-01043-6
- Satellite open data to monitor forest damage caused by extreme climate-induced events: a case study of the Vaia storm in Northern Italy G. Vaglio Laurin et al. 10.1093/forestry/cpaa043
- Emergent vulnerability to climate-driven disturbances in European forests G. Forzieri et al. 10.1038/s41467-021-21399-7
- Estimated Biomass Loss Caused by the Vaia Windthrow in Northern Italy: Evaluation of Active and Passive Remote Sensing Options G. Vaglio Laurin et al. 10.3390/rs13234924
- Wind damage to forests and trees: a review with an emphasis on planted and managed forests B. Gardiner 10.1080/13416979.2021.1940665
- Does the winter storm-related wind gust intensity in Germany increase under warming climate? – A high-resolution assessment C. Jung & D. Schindler 10.1016/j.wace.2021.100360
- Highly resolved modeling of extreme wind speed in North America and Europe C. Jung et al. 10.1002/asl.1082
- Human or natural? Landscape context improves the attribution of forest disturbances mapped from Landsat in Central Europe J. Sebald et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2021.112502
- Use of TanDEM-X and SRTM-C Data for Detection of Deforestation Caused by Bark Beetle in Central European Mountains K. Gdulová et al. 10.3390/rs13153042
- Economic Impacts of Forest Storms—Taking Stock of After-Vaia Situation of Local Roundwood Markets in Northeastern Italy A. Udali et al. 10.3390/f12040414
- Mapping the forest disturbance regimes of Europe C. Senf & R. Seidl 10.1038/s41893-020-00609-y
- Post‐disturbance canopy recovery and the resilience of Europe’s forests C. Senf et al. 10.1111/geb.13406
- NDVI-based ecological dynamics of forest vegetation and its relationship to climate change in Romania during 1987–2018 R. Prăvălie et al. 10.1016/j.ecolind.2022.108629
- A Deep Learning Approach for Calamity Assessment Using Sentinel-2 Data D. Scharvogel et al. 10.3390/f11121239
- Estimating VAIA Windstorm Damaged Forest Area in Italy Using Time Series Sentinel-2 Imagery and Continuous Change Detection Algorithms F. Giannetti et al. 10.3390/f12060680
- Concerns about reported harvests in European forests M. Palahí et al. 10.1038/s41586-021-03292-x
- The Effects of Wind Exposure on Scots Pine Trees: Within-Stem Variability of Wood Density and Mechanical Properties A. Tomczak et al. 10.3390/f11101095
- Responding to Large-Scale Forest Damage in an Alpine Environment with Remote Sensing, Machine Learning, and Web-GIS M. Piragnolo et al. 10.3390/rs13081541
- Development of a catalogue of damage in Portuguese forest associated with extreme extratropical cyclones S. Ribeiro et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2021.151948
- Effect of Stem Snapping on Aspen Timber Assortment Recovery in Hemiboreal Forests L. Čakša et al. 10.3390/f12010028
- Automatic Identification of Forest Disturbance Drivers Based on Their Geometric Pattern in Atlantic Forests L. Alonso et al. 10.3390/rs14030697
- Natural disturbances risks in European Boreal and Temperate forests and their links to climate change – A review of modelling approaches J. Machado Nunes Romeiro et al. 10.1016/j.foreco.2022.120071
- Storm and fire disturbances in Europe: Distribution and trends C. Senf & R. Seidl 10.1111/gcb.15679
- Multi-model convection-resolving simulations of the October 2018 Vaia storm over Northeastern Italy L. Giovannini et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2021.105455
- A satellite-derived database for stand-replacing windthrow events in boreal forests of European Russia in 1986–2017 A. Shikhov et al. 10.5194/essd-12-3489-2020
- The utility of fused airborne laser scanning and multispectral data for improved wind damage risk assessment over a managed forest landscape in Finland R. Gopalakrishnan et al. 10.1007/s13595-020-00992-8
Latest update: 08 Aug 2022