A spatially explicit database of wind disturbances in European forests over the period 2000–2018
Giovanni Forzieri et al.
Total article views: 4,241 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 05 Sep 2019)Views and downloads (calculated since 05 Sep 2019)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,440 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,356 with geography defined and 84 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,358 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,284 with geography defined and 74 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,082 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,072 with geography defined and 10 with unknown origin.
19 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Combined effects of natural disturbances and management on forest carbon sequestration: the case of Vaia storm in Italy R. Pilli et al. 10.1007/s13595-021-01043-6
- Satellite open data to monitor forest damage caused by extreme climate-induced events: a case study of the Vaia storm in Northern Italy G. Vaglio Laurin et al. 10.1093/forestry/cpaa043
- Emergent vulnerability to climate-driven disturbances in European forests G. Forzieri et al. 10.1038/s41467-021-21399-7
- A Deep Learning Approach for Calamity Assessment Using Sentinel-2 Data D. Scharvogel et al. 10.3390/f11121239
- Estimating VAIA Windstorm Damaged Forest Area in Italy Using Time Series Sentinel-2 Imagery and Continuous Change Detection Algorithms F. Giannetti et al. 10.3390/f12060680
- Concerns about reported harvests in European forests M. Palahí et al. 10.1038/s41586-021-03292-x
- The Effects of Wind Exposure on Scots Pine Trees: Within-Stem Variability of Wood Density and Mechanical Properties A. Tomczak et al. 10.3390/f11101095
- Responding to Large-Scale Forest Damage in an Alpine Environment with Remote Sensing, Machine Learning, and Web-GIS M. Piragnolo et al. 10.3390/rs13081541
- Effect of Stem Snapping on Aspen Timber Assortment Recovery in Hemiboreal Forests L. Čakša et al. 10.3390/f12010028
- Storm and fire disturbances in Europe: Distribution and trends C. Senf & R. Seidl 10.1111/gcb.15679
- Wind damage to forests and trees: a review with an emphasis on planted and managed forests B. Gardiner 10.1080/13416979.2021.1940665
- Does the winter storm-related wind gust intensity in Germany increase under warming climate? – A high-resolution assessment C. Jung & D. Schindler 10.1016/j.wace.2021.100360
- Multi-model convection-resolving simulations of the October 2018 Vaia storm over Northeastern Italy L. Giovannini et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2021.105455
- A satellite-derived database for stand-replacing windthrow events in boreal forests of European Russia in 1986–2017 A. Shikhov et al. 10.5194/essd-12-3489-2020
- Human or natural? Landscape context improves the attribution of forest disturbances mapped from Landsat in Central Europe J. Sebald et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2021.112502
- Use of TanDEM-X and SRTM-C Data for Detection of Deforestation Caused by Bark Beetle in Central European Mountains K. Gdulová et al. 10.3390/rs13153042
- The utility of fused airborne laser scanning and multispectral data for improved wind damage risk assessment over a managed forest landscape in Finland R. Gopalakrishnan et al. 10.1007/s13595-020-00992-8
- Economic Impacts of Forest Storms—Taking Stock of After-Vaia Situation of Local Roundwood Markets in Northeastern Italy A. Udali et al. 10.3390/f12040414
- Mapping the forest disturbance regimes of Europe C. Senf & R. Seidl 10.1038/s41893-020-00609-y
Latest update: 17 Sep 2021