Heat stored in the Earth system: where does the energy go?
Karina von Schuckmann et al.
Total article views: 17,386 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 20 Mar 2020)Views and downloads (calculated since 20 Mar 2020)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 13,134 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 13,087 with geography defined and 47 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 12,091 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 12,048 with geography defined and 43 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,043 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,039 with geography defined and 4 with unknown origin.
37 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Negentropy for the anthropocene; Stiegler, Maori and exosomatic memory R. Irwin & T. White 10.1080/00131857.2021.1970525
- First assessment of the earth heat inventory within CMIP5 historical simulations F. Cuesta-Valero et al. 10.5194/esd-12-581-2021
- Earth's Energy Imbalance From the Ocean Perspective (2005–2019) M. Hakuba et al. 10.1029/2021GL093624
- Alkalinization Scenarios in the Mediterranean Sea for Efficient Removal of Atmospheric CO2 and the Mitigation of Ocean Acidification M. Butenschön et al. 10.3389/fclim.2021.614537
- In Support of a Renewable Energy and Materials Economy: A Global Green New Deal That Includes Arctic Sea Ice Triage and Carbon Cycle Restoration R. Baiman 10.1177/04866134211032396
- Satellite and Ocean Data Reveal Marked Increase in Earth’s Heating Rate N. Loeb et al. 10.1029/2021GL093047
- Copernicus Marine Service Ocean State Report, Issue 5 K. von Schuckmann et al. 10.1080/1755876X.2021.1946240
- Balancing a budget or running a deficit? The offset regime of carbon removal and solar geoengineering under a carbon budget S. Asayama et al. 10.1007/s10584-021-03174-1
- Recent Shift in the Warming of the Southern Oceans Modulated by Decadal Climate Variability L. Wang et al. 10.1029/2020GL090889
- Review article: Earth's ice imbalance T. Slater et al. 10.5194/tc-15-233-2021
- Upper Ocean Temperatures Hit Record High in 2020 L. Cheng et al. 10.1007/s00376-021-0447-x
- Great Barrier Reef degradation, sea surface temperatures, and atmospheric CO2 levels collectively exhibit a stochastic process with memory A. Elnar et al. 10.1007/s00382-021-05831-8
- Trends, variability and predictive skill of the ocean heat content in North Atlantic: an analysis with the EC-Earth3 model T. Carmo-Costa et al. 10.1007/s00382-021-05962-y
- Long-term global ground heat flux and continental heat storage from geothermal data F. Cuesta-Valero et al. 10.5194/cp-17-451-2021
- An ensemble approach to quantify global mean sea-level rise over the 20th century from tide gauge reconstructions M. Palmer et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/abdaec
- Ocean surface energy balance allows a constraint on the sensitivity of precipitation to global warming W. Wang et al. 10.1038/s41467-021-22406-7
- Global and regional climate in 2020 J. Kennedy et al. 10.1002/wea.4087
- Modelling of the evolution of the multi-behavioural dynamics from the regulatory climate theory Y. Kolokolov & A. Monovskaya 10.1088/1742-6596/2001/1/012018
- Fifty Year Trends in Global Ocean Heat Content Traced to Surface Heat Fluxes in the Sub‐Polar Ocean T. Sohail et al. 10.1029/2020GL091439
- International Quality-Controlled Ocean Database (IQuOD) v0.1: The Temperature Uncertainty Specification R. Cowley et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.689695
- 20th century cooling of the deep ocean contributed to delayed acceleration of Earth’s energy imbalance A. Bagnell & T. DeVries 10.1038/s41467-021-24472-3
- The UVSQ-SAT/INSPIRESat-5 CubeSat Mission: First In-Orbit Measurements of the Earth’s Outgoing Radiation M. Meftah et al. 10.3390/rs13081449
- Energy Budget Constraints on the Time History of Aerosol Forcing and Climate Sensitivity C. Smith et al. 10.1029/2020JD033622
- Trends and variability in polar sea ice, global atmospheric circulations, and baroclinicity I. Simmonds & M. Li 10.1111/nyas.14673
- Height growth rate of Scots pine in Central Europe increased by 29% between 1900 and 2000 due to changes in site productivity J. Socha et al. 10.1016/j.foreco.2021.119102
- Anthropogenic forcing and response yield observed positive trend in Earth’s energy imbalance S. Raghuraman et al. 10.1038/s41467-021-24544-4
- Metrological Evaluation of Deep-Ocean Thermometers A. Peruzzi et al. 10.3390/jmse9040398
- Enhanced hydrological cycle increases ocean heat uptake and moderates transient climate change M. Liu et al. 10.1038/s41558-021-01152-0
- Altimetry for the future: Building on 25 years of progress S. Abdalla et al. 10.1016/j.asr.2021.01.022
- Observed features of salinity bias with negative pressure dependency for measurements by SBE 41CP and SBE 61 CTD sensors on deep profiling floats T. Kobayashi et al. 10.1016/j.pocean.2021.102686
- An Overview of Ocean Climate Change Indicators: Sea Surface Temperature, Ocean Heat Content, Ocean pH, Dissolved Oxygen Concentration, Arctic Sea Ice Extent, Thickness and Volume, Sea Level and Strength of the AMOC (Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation) C. Garcia-Soto et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.642372
- Snapshots of mean ocean temperature over the last 700 000 years using noble gases in the EPICA Dome C ice core M. Haeberli et al. 10.5194/cp-17-843-2021
- Reduced Complexity Model Intercomparison Project Phase 2: Synthesizing Earth System Knowledge for Probabilistic Climate Projections Z. Nicholls et al. 10.1029/2020EF001900
- Variability in the global energy budget and transports 1985–2017 C. Liu et al. 10.1007/s00382-020-05451-8
- Acutely Rising Temperature Reduces Photosynthetic Capacity of Phytoplankton Assemblages in Tropical Oceans: A Large-Scale Investigation G. Mai et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.710697
- Evaluation of Regional Surface Energy Budget Over Ocean Derived From Satellites S. Kato et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.688299
- Projected ocean warming constrained by the ocean observational record K. Lyu et al. 10.1038/s41558-021-01151-1
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 16 Oct 2021