Arctic Ocean data in CARINA
- 1Department of Chemistry, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2Bermuda Biological Station for Research Inc., St. George's GE01, Bermuda
- 3Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research, UNIFOB AS, Bergen, Norway
- 4Geophysical lnstitute, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
- 5Bedford Institute of Oceanography; Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
- 6Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Program; Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Abstract. The paper describes the steps taken for quality controlling chosen parameters within the Arctic Ocean data included in the CARINA data set and checking for offsets between the individual cruises. The evaluated parameters are the inorganic carbon parameters (total dissolved inorganic carbon, total alkalinity and pH), oxygen and nutrients: nitrate, phosphate and silicate. More parameters can be found in the CARINA data product, but were not subject to a secondary quality control. The main method in determining offsets between cruises was regional multi-linear regression, after a first rough basin-wide deep-water estimate of each parameter. Lastly, the results of the secondary quality control are discussed as well as applied adjustments.